Are you thinking about renting your first home?
Do you want to impress a prospective landlord?
Do you want to learn some valuable life skills?
Getting your own place can be a daunting experience, especially if you have never lived on your own before, but there’s no need to worry as we are here to help you through the process.
We can help with advice too!
We can help you:
- Find a home – understand what your housing options are
- Manage your money – learn to budget, pay your bills, manage your banking and avoid debts
- Manage a tenancy – Find out about your rights as a tenant and what your landlord can and can’t do
- Keeping a tenancy - Find out about your responsibilities (what you must do as a tenant)
- Live on your own – learn new skills like basic DIY, cooking, cleaning and home safety.
- In the past year over 70 young people have taken the pre-tenancy training course...guess how many rated it very good or excellent?
All of them!
How do I get pre-tenancy training?
To find our more or to book a place, please contact us. If you have been seen by the council’s Homelessness Officer then please ask them to make a referral.
If you are already in a tenancy but think this training would be useful, please still get in touch.
This is a free service for people living in Preston and South Ribble.